New player guide
How do I install and run Anarchy?
Download Anarchy and start the game by double-clicking the downloaded Anarchy.jar file. Simply choose a username and password and login. There is no need to register anywhere else. If you receive the error "Invalid username or password", it means an account name is already in use and you should pick a different name.
If you cannot get Anarchy to run, please check our Troubleshooting article.
Although we are very lenient in Anarchy, there are still some guidelines which we expect players to comply with:
- Always use a unique password and pin on Anarchy.
- If you get hacked, we may not be able to recover any stolen items, especially if they were staked.
- Never share your password, pin or personal information.
- Do not share, sell, stake or give away your account.
- Donator ranks can be transferred between your own accounts as long as you donated for it yourself and both accounts have always belonged to you. Scrolls from mystery boxes or flower poker cannot be transferred.
- Hacking will result in a ban.
- Do not engage in repeated toxic behavior.
- Advertising another RSPS will get you permanently ip-muted.
- Making excessive use of bots may get you banned.
- Scamming other players may get you banned.
- Real world trading is allowed but highly discouraged.
- Do not lend items to other players.
Make sure to read the full version in our Guidelines article.
After a short introduction from the Ironman Handler about Edgeville, the home location, the player has to choose both a game mode and an XP rate they want to play with.
There are several game modes that players can choose from:
A player can choose from two different XP rates:
- Different stores selling general, combat and skilling supplies, as well as some cosmetic items
- The grand exchange clerks
- Thieving stalls for making some starter money
- All the slayer masters grouped in one area, except for Krystilia, who can also be found in Edgeville
- The group ironman lobby where group ironman start there journey
- The daily task master who can assign daily tasks
- The gambler to start a flower poker game
Starter money can be obtained by stealing from the stalls in Edgeville.
The best money making methods are usually PvM related. Some of these include (but are not limited to):
- Training slayer and killing slayer monsters
- God Wars Dungeon
- Chambers of Xeric
- Theatre of Blood
- Various bosses such as Vorkath or Zulrah
There are 22 different skills in Anarchy.
|Attack||Wielding stronger melee weapons and hitting monsters more accurately in Melee.|
|Strength||Dealing more melee damage and equipping certain weapons.|
|Defence||Wearing stronger armour and decreasing chance of being hit.|
|Ranged||Equipping stronger ranged weapons and armour. It also increases ranged accuracy.|
|Prayer||Activating temporary aids to assist in combat.|
|Magic||Casting various combat and utility spells.|
|Runecraft||Creating runes used for casting Magic.|
|Hunter||Capturing wild animals and creatures.|
|Hitpoints||Amount of damage you can withstand.|
|Agility||Traversing shortcuts and increases the rate at which energy recharges.|
|Herblore||Cleaning and using herbs to create potions.|
|Thieving||Stealing from market stalls and pickpocketing non-player characters.|
|Crafting||Creating items such as jewellery and ranged armour.|
|Fletching||Creating ranged weapons and ammunition.|
|Slayer||Killing certain monsters that can't normally be defeated.|
|Mining||Obtaining ores and minerals from rocks.|
|Smithing||Smelting ores into bars and forging bars into armour and weapons.|
|Cooking||Making and cooking food.|
|Woodcutting||Chopping down trees.|
|Farming||Planting and harvesting crops.|
Monster killing is a great way to make money and to obtain most of the important items in the game. The drop table of each monster can be accessed through the red button at the top of the quest tab.
Obtaining useful items
- Dragon weapons and starter gear can be bought in the Combat Supplies store in Edgeville.
- Elite Void Knight equipment and the fighter torso are the best-in-slot Ranged equipment except for Slayer tasks. Void Knight equipment can be bought and upgraded into Elite Void Knight equipment with pest control points. Alternatively, (Elite) Void Knight equipment can also be bought in the donator store. The fighter torso can also be obtained with pest control points or from the PK point shop.
- A fire cape can be obtained by completing the Fight Caves minigame. You can play a game of 10, 20 or 63 waves. Completing a 63 wave game will also grant a random TzHaar weapon, shield or cape or an uncut onyx.
- An amulet of fury can be crafted from an uncut onyx, which can be bought from TzHaar-Hur-Lek for 200,000 tokkul, found near the bank close to the Fight Caves. A fast way to obtain tokkul is to complete 10 waves of Fight Caves multiple times and trading spare fire capes for tokkul at TzHaar-Mej-Jal, found next to the Fight Caves entrance.
- Barrows gloves can be bought from the Culinaromancer's chest to the west of the Edgeville bank after defeating the Culinaromancer and his accompanying bosses. To find these bosses, the player has to use the portal to Culinaromancer's dimension.
- Abyssal whips are dropped by abyssal demons. The fastest way to kill them is by using blood or ice barrage at the abyssal demons in the catacombs. Alternatively, it can be bought from the Vote shop for 1000 vote points.
- Dragon defenders are dropped by cyclopses in the Warriors' guild. Guild tokens are needed to access the cyclopses, which are obtained by using a piece or rune armour (full helm, platebody or platelegs) on the magical animator inside the guild and killing the animated armour. A dragon defender can also be bought from the Vote shop for 300 vote points.
- Barrows equipment is obtained by playing the barrows minigame. Vengeance can be used to speed up kills and it can be more efficient to only kill the brothers whose equipment you are interested in.