Considering how popular our ironman modes and extreme mode are, we have added a combination of both: you can now play as an extreme ironman, extreme hardcore ironman, extreme ultimate ironman or extreme group ironman, along with their appropriate hiscores! Just like the non-ironman extreme mode, the XP rate in most skills is the same as in OSRS, while receiving +30% NPC drops. In a GIM group, each individual group member can choose to play with a normal or extreme XP rate.
To celebrate these new game modes, we are also organising an OSRS GP contest, similar to the one held last December. From 14 to 27 March, you can win up to 120M OSRS GP, 1200 donator points or 36 USD on PayPal every single day just by completing a number of tasks. We made sure that extreme mode players can always participate in them, even if they have only just started out. Based on the feedback we received from the previous contest, we also added a mechanic that lowers someone's chance to win if they already won a contest in the past 2 weeks. This chance lowers even further if they win a second or third time, and winning a hard contest will lower your chance more than winning an easy contest.
We also took this update as an opportunity to review all of our XP rates currently in the game. We have made some minor adjustments left and right to fix inconsistencies with OSRS XP rates or between different skills (and skilling methods) in Anarchy, but the overall XP rates are still similar to before. Most importantly, we tried our best not to lower the XP rates of the most efficient training methods currently in the game, even if that means they are 10, 20 or even 30 times as fast as in OSRS.
The following changes have been made in regards to skill XP:
- Infernal axe and pickaxe now give full firemaking and smithing XP when used, instead of half.
- The cannon now grants ranged XP equal to damage * 2 instead of damage * 0.8.
- Longranged ranged attacks now give defence XP equal to damage * 2 instead of damage * 4.
- When casting magic attacks, regular players now receive the base magic XP multiplied by the magic XP modifier.
- Magic attacks now give magic XP equal to damage * 2 instead of damage * 4.
- Casting low/high alchemy now gives the correct magic XP for regular players (about 2.6x as much).
- Cutting teak logs now grants 85 woodcutting XP instead of 68.
- Extreme mode players now receive 2,000 smithing XP when creating a dragonfire shield instead of 500.
- Mining amethyst now grants 240 mining XP instead of 140.
- Seer's village and Ardougne rooftop agility courses now grant slightly more XP for regular players.
- Fletching amethyst bolt tips, arrowtips or javelin heads now grants 8 times as much fletching XP for regular players.
- Fletching arrows, bolts and javelins now gives the correct amount of fletching XP, taking into account how many were made in one batch (in most cases, this results in 10 or 15 times more fletching XP).
- Enchanting jewelry now grants 32 times as much magic XP for regular players.
- Charging elemental orbs now grants 8 times as much magic XP for regular players.
- Catching implings now grants 33% additional hunter XP for regular players.
- Raurg bones now give 96 prayer XP instead of 150, but their droprates have been doubled to compensate.
- Cutting arctic pine logs now grants 40 XP instead of 100.
- Spinning sinew now grants 3 crafting XP instead of 30.
- The entrance of the wilderness agility course now only grants 15 agility XP instead of 40 when crossed.
- Farming poison ivy berries now gives 4.5 times less XP for regular players.
- Casting vengeance now grants 3.7 times as much magic XP for regular players.
- Crafting a toxic blowpipe from a tanzanite fang now grants 120 crafting XP instead of 10,000 for extreme mode players, and 3,600 instead of 10,000 crafting XP for regular players.
- Karambwanji fishing now grants 5 fishing XP instead of 20.
- Karambwan fishing now grants 50 fishing XP instead of 105.
- Burying lava dragon bones on lava dragon isle now results in 4 times less prayer XP for extreme mode players. To compensate, lava dragons now additionally have a 1 in 4 chance to drop 2 - 6 lava dragon bones.
- Casting bolt enchant now grants 10 times less magic XP for extreme mode players.
- Crafting tablets now grants 25 runecrafting XP instead of 15 for bones to bananas tablets and 36 runecrafting XP instead of 60 for bones to peaches tablets.
Currently, a lot of time is being spent on transferring donator ranks back and forth between accounts. Time that could be better used for development. As a result, we have added a limitation to how often a donator rank can be transferred. As of now, when a donator rank has been manually transferred by us from someone's account A to account B, there can be no more donator rank transfers from account B to other accounts for the next 60 days. After 60 days, donator ranks can be transferred again from account B. This limitation only applies to donator transfers, so donating on an account or using scrolls has no effect on being able to transfer your rank. This limitation will be re-evaluated in the future and may be changed or removed if it turns out to miss its intended goal.
Other changes included in this update:
- You can now use defensive autocast to train your defence XP along with your magic XP.
- A bug was fixed to make sure that two identical items on the same tile, but belonging to different players, can only be picked up by their rightful owner.
- Magic secateurs now grant +10% farming XP when harvesting herbs.
- Rogue outfit pieces now increase your thieving XP gain when pickpocketing NPC's.
- Blurite bolts now require a smithing level of 24 instead of 8.
- You will now craft an onyx amulet instead of an amulet of fury.
- Goldsmith gauntlets are now taken into account when using superheat on gold ore.
- Your head will no longer disappear when wearing a facemask.
- When uncharging a blood blowpipe, you will now receive the appropriate item back.