The slayer interface has received a complete makeover, allowing us to add a number of new features and improve our existing features.
- You can now receive TzKal-Zuk, the Great Olm, Verzik Vitur and the Nightmare as a slayer task after unlocking it. You can only unlock TzTok-Jad and TzKal-Zul as slayer tasks if you have already beaten them at least once.
- For 1,000 slayer points, you can now unlock an ability to store your current slayer task. This costs 50 points each time you use it. You cannot store wilderness tasks.
- When being assigned a TzTok-Jad task, you can now only kill it once per task and it is no longer possible to extend the task. Also, when a player does not manage to beat TzTok-Jad in one go (when they die or leave the fight caves), the task will be reset. This will not reset your task streak and can be used to quickly skip the task. The same principle applies to TzKal-Zul, Great Olm and Verzik Vitur slayer tasks. A warning is displayed when entering each of these minigames while on a slayer task, to inform you that you only have one chance to beat the boss to receive slayer XP and points.
- You will now also receive slayer XP and the slayer helmet bonus will now also count for all fight cave monsters, all Inferno monsters, all Raid I monsters and all Raid II monsters while on an appropriate slayer task.
- TzTok-Jad and TzKal-Zuk now have a higher chance to drop a pet while assigned as a slayer task (twice the chance for TzTok-Jad and a 1/75 chance instead of 1/100 for TzKal-Zuk).
- Killing TzTok-Jad while on a slayer task now grants 250,000 slayer XP for 10 waves, 350,000 slayer XP for 20 waves and 500,000 slayer XP for 63 waves (15,000, 21,000 and 30,000 XP respectively for extreme mode).
- Killing TzKal-Zuk while on a slayer task now grants 1,000,000 slayer XP for 10 waves, 1,400,000 slayer XP for 20 waves and 2,000,000 slayer XP for 69 waves (60,000, 84,000 and 120,000 XP respectively for extreme mode).
- All unlocked abilities (which used to be under "learn", now found under the "unlock" tab), can now also be disabled by clicking the ability button again. For example, if you unlocked TzKal-Zuk as a possible slayer task but no longer wish to have it assigned. Simply click it again to re-enable it. Disabling and re-enabling unlocked abilities is free.
- After having learned how to imbue a slayer helmet, you can right-click any non-imbued slayer helmet and click "Imbue" to imbue it.
- You can now unlock the ability to extend the amount assigned for several slayer monsters. You can also unlock every single "extend" ability at once, paying its total cost in one go.
- All items previously sold in the slayer store have been put in the "buy" tab. The magic dart (which was called "slayer darts" before) gives 250 death runes and 1,000 mind runes (or 250 magic dart casts) for 35 slayer points. The slayer experience you could buy for 50 slayer points has been replaced by three slayer tomes. These tomes grant a random amount of slayer XP when read.
- Recolouring a slayer helmet is now an ability that you can unlock by paying a one-time fee of 1,000 slayer points per colour. Once you have unlocked the ability, you can use the appropriate item on your slayer helmet to recolour it.
In addition, the right-click menu of the Slayer masters now also has a "Cancel" option to cancel your current task much quicker than before.
Other bugfixes and improvements:
- The hitpoints of the following monsters have been lowered to match those in OSRS: Tok-Xil to 40 (from 120), Jal-Xil to 130 (from 125), Jal-MejJak to 75 (from 80) and Nylocas Ischyros to 11 (from 60).
- The skill tab has been reworked, improving the alignment of the icons and allowing us to add the construction skill button once we release construction.
- The looks of the pith helmet have been fixed.
- Players can now right-click "Metamorphosis" to change the baby chinchompa's colour between grey, red and black. When changing colours, there is a 1/15,000 chance that it will change into a gold colour. When attempting to metamorphose a golden baby chinchompa, a warning is displayed with a yes or no option.
- Players can now also change the colour of their rift guardian by crafting a rune while it is following the player, not only when it is in their inventory. Should players wish to keep their rift guardian the same colour, they may do so via the right-click "Locking" option while it is following the player.