Automated, scam-free flower poker
A feature that has often been requested in the past, but deemed too controversial by some because it's prone to being scammed. In order to prevent players from being scammed, we have added a completely automated version of this popular gambling game.
In order to participate in flower poker, you first need five mithril seeds. You can buy these in the donator store for one donator point each or in the vote store for fifteen vote points each. Please note that the 10% discount in the donator store for legendary donators will only apply to the mithril seeds if you buy at least 10 at a time. Similarly, the 20% discount for uber and immortal donators will only apply if you buy at least 5 seeds at a time.
Once you have five mithril seeds, talk to the gambler who is located just outside the Edgville bank, next to the make-over mage. You can choose to play a game with or without the gambler participating, but if you choose the latter the game will be canceled if no other real player wants to participate. You can play flower poker on your own if you allow the gambler to participate.
You can initiate a game with a waiting time of your choosing: 30 seconds, 2 minutes or 5 minutes. Depending on the option you choose, other players will have 30 seconds, 2 minutes or 5 minutes to join in on the game. Make sure that once this timer expires, you are still in Edgeville and still have five mithril seeds in your inventory in order to play the game when it starts.
When the game starts, players will be teleported close to the gambler and automatically plant their five seeds. Each seed planted will result in a random flower (red, purple, blue, orange, yellow, assorted or rainbow coloured). There is also a 1/500 chance that a seed will result in a black flower and a 1/1000 chance that it will result in a white flower.
If someone plants a black or white flower, they will automatically win the game. If no black or white flower is planted, the player (or gambler) that planted the best combination of flowers will win the game. These combinations are as follows (high to low):
- Five of a kind
- Four of a kind
- Full house (three of one type and one pair of another type)
- Three of a kind
- Two pairs
- One pair
In case of a tie, the participants with the highest combination will play another round of poker to determine a winner (no mithril seeds will be consumed in this next round). In case of yet another draw, this process is repeated until there is one winner left.
Unlike real life casinos, the gambler in Anarchy has the exact same chance to win the game as any regular player.
The flowers are automatically planted and logging out will cause your character to keep planting flowers (albeit invisible to others). This means there is no possibility to cheat or leave the game once started.
The winner wins all of the flowers of the other participants. These flowers can be given to the florist (found very close to the gambler) in return for "flower points". You receive a random amount between 150 and 400 flower points for each white flower and you receive a random amount between 50 and 100 flower points for each black flower you give. For any other flowers, you receive 1 flower point per flower given.
As soon as you saved up 150 flower points, you can turn in these flower points for one of the following rewards:
- A mystery box (not for ironman mode players)
- A cosmetic mystery box (read below on their content)
- A scroll to add 100 to your amount donated
We have added actual treasure trails, just like in OSRS. However, the clue steps are completely of our own making. More clue steps will be added in future updates. There are seven different types of clues:
- Coordinate: use a sextant, watch and chart to determine your position on the map (bought in the clue scroll handler's shop). Dig at the right location to receive your next clue.
- Emote: perform an emote at a specific location, sometimes while wearing certain equipment, to obtain your next clue.
- Hot & cold: Watson's strange device (bought in the clue scroll handler's shop) will guide you to the right location, indicating with ice cold/very cold/cold/warm/hot/very hot/incredibly hot/visibly shaking how close you are, along with whether your current location is closer (warmer) or further (colder) compared to the last time you used it. Dig at the right location to receive your next clue.
- Kill: kill a specific NPC to receive your next clue.
- Map: use the OSRS world map to find the location of your next clue. Dig at the right location or search a crate to find your next clue. We drew these maps ourself, so they are different from the maps used in OSRS treasure trails.
- Search: search an object (crate, chest, bookcase, ...) based on a cryptic text to receive your next clue.
- Talk: talk to a specific NPC, sometimes while wearing certain equipment, to receive your next clue.
The amount of steps for each clue level, as well as the clue rewards are the same as in OSRS, except there is a larger chance to receive rare items from clue caskets and the quantities of stackable rewards (such as noted food, runes, coins, ...) have been greatly increased. Several rare items have been added to the reward caskets, though some of them have not yet been added since this process takes a lot of time. The remaining rare rewards will be added to the caskets in future updates.
All rare items that belong in the treasure trail caskets but could previously be obtained from hourly reward boxes have been removed from the hourly reward boxes and added to treasure trail caskets. This means that - aside from angler, lumberjack, cow, santa and anti-santa outfit pieces - hourly reward boxes now only contain coins and resources. We did however add beginner, easy and medium clue scrolls as rare hourly box rewards.
You also receive a guaranteed reward after completing a number of clue scrolls (except beginner clue scrolls, as we do not yet have the "explore" emote available):
- 500 easy trails: a large spade
- 400 medium trails: a clueless scroll
- 300 hard trails: the Uri transform emote
- 200 elite trails: a heavy casket
- 100 master trails: a scroll sack
If you lose any of the above items, you can reobtain it by completing one more clue of the appropriate level.
As you can see, we have also added beginner and elite clue scrolls with this update. See below for a list of how to obtain each clue:
- Beginner clue scrolls: NPCs with combat level 1 - 70
- Easy clue scrolls: NPCs with combat level 1 - 70
- Medium clue scrolls: NPCs with combat level 71 - 110
- Hard clue scrolls: NPCs with combat level 111 - 200; Barrows chest; Skotizo
- Elite clue scrolls: NPCs with combat level 201+; Barrows chest
All clues can also be obtained from the crystal chest, a daily gear box or a daily skill box.
Cosmetic mystery boxes
These are similar to regular mystery boxes, but only contain cosmetic items that do not have any stats. Most of these items are chosen from holiday rewards or random event rewards in OSRS. Ironman mode players can also purchase these and obtain them from flower poker. Unlike normal mystery boxes, you have an equal chance to obtain any item from it. This can be either a single item or a complete outfit. Check out the full list on our store page, tab "mystery boxes".
Mystery box & donator store overhaul
We removed a couple of items from our mystery boxes, most notably the cosmetic items (which have moved to the cosmetic mystery boxes) and ornamental dragon equipment (which has moved to treasure trail rewards in the form of ornament kits). We have also added several new items and swapped a few items around based on their actual in-game value. This ensures that the rare items are always worth a reasonable amount of coins. Check our the "mystery boxes" list on our store page to see the new mystery box items. We made sure that the average value of a mystery box, along with the chance to obtain a twisted bow, has remained pretty much the same.
We have removed all cosmetic items from our donator store and added a couple of new items. Several items have received (small) price changes in order to better reflect their actual in-game value. Check out the new store at our store page, tab "donator shop items" for the new content and prices of our donator store.
There are also several improvements and bugfixes in this update:
- A whole lot of doors, ladders, cave entrances and shortcuts have been added or fixed.
- The guide prices of dozens of items (mostly the more expensive ones) have been adjusted to better reflect their actual values.
- The icons shown on the minimap have been fixed.
- Several new emotes have been added in the emote tab.
- You now have to give an easy, medium, hard and elite clue scroll to Watson to receive a master clue scroll (instead of just an easy, medium and hard clue scroll).
- Master clue scrolls no longer have any level requirements (though sometimes you need a certain agility or combat level to reach certain places or wear certain equipment).
- If you lose any achievement-related skilling outfit (pospector, farming, pyromancer or rogue outfit), you will now reobtain it the next time you mine a rock, farm herbs, light logs or steal. Good news for Ultimate Ironman Mode players who want to save some inventory space without having to give up these items, or for players who lost their achievement skiller outfit.
- The moderator crown is now displayed whenever a moderator yells.
- A bug has been fixed where having a bank placeholder for a god cape makes it impossible to obtain a new god cape.
- The appearance of the mystic hat, mystic hat (dark) and mystic hat (light) has been fixed.
- The stand and walk animations of gnomes has been fixed.
- A wrong kraken spawn outside the kraken cave has been fixed.
- The droprate of the Wyvern visage has been slightly increased.
- A small part of the map, north of the black knights' fortress, that was incorrectly labeled as wilderness is no longer a part of the wilderness.
- Ultimate Iron Man players can now set a pin to secure their account at any bank booth.
- You no longer have to wait three days to reset an account pin, so you can now automatically reset it.
- Whenever the "account pin" interface is up, you cannot type anything in your chatbox. This ensures you can never accidentally type your pin in normal chat.
- Whenever you open your bank, NPC drop or account pin interface, the input field that is a part of the interface will now automatically be focused so you can start typing in there right away without having to click the textbox first.
- The text highlight has been fixed whenever you hover over a dialogue with multiple options. Oftentimes, the option would not be correctly highlighted even if your mouse was right on top of it, this is now fixed.
- You can now give one clue scroll to Watson (the clue scroll handler) at a time to save up for a master clue scroll.
- You can now obtain the wise old man's santa hat by combining a blue party hat and a santa hat.