We are glad to announce that we are the first RuneScape Private Server with the Nightmare of Ashihama.
We had to perform a major cache update for this update, which has changed a lot of Object and NPC IDs, along with certain parts of the map. If you find anything in the game that no longer works due to this update, please let us know.
The Nightmare has similar attacks and mechanics as on OSRS, with a few differences.
It is a boss that is fought in groups, but once a group is fighting the boss, you cannot join until the boss has been defeated or all players have died. Once a player initiates a new group, you have 30 seconds to join them before the next fight starts. Ironman players can fight this boss alongside non-irons.
Its hitpoints depend on the amount of participants and the fight is divided into six stages, three stages in which you need to attack the Nightmare and three stages in which you need to charge the totems in the four corners of the room by attacking them. At the end of each totem stage, the Nightmare's hitpoints are rescaled based on the amount of players that are still alive.
As soon as the Nightmare is reduced to 2/3rd HP, it becomes invulnerable until all four totems in the room have been fully charged. The same thing happens once it reaches 1/3rd HP and once it reaches 1 hitpoint.
Aside from melee, ranged and magic attacks, it uses three special attacks throughout the entire fight:
- Flower power: the room will be divided into four quadrants, with one corner indicated with green blossoms (safe corner) and one corner indicated with red berries (dangerous corner). Standing outside the safe corner will cause you to take rapid damage, standing inside the red corner will cause you to take even more damage.
- Husks: occasionally, minions will spawn that use ranged and magic attacks. Unlike OSRS, the player is not frozen in place when this happens.
- Grasping claws: black portals spawn all over the room. Standing on one will cause you to take heavy damage.
Its most notable drops, all of which have the exact same stats and abilities as in OSRS:
The Inquisitor's helm, hauberk and plateskirt can be combined into an Inquisitor's armour set at a Grand Exchange clerk.
In other news:
- The way NPC loot is divided amongst players has been changed, for any NPC that can be fought in a team. As of now, the player who dealt most damage is no longer guaranteed to receive all the loot. Rather, everyone who participated in the kill has a chance to receive loot relative to the amount of damage they dealt.
- We have (hopefully) fixed a bug that would cause players to get stuck under certain circumstances, unable to move or attack other players or NPCs. Please let us know if you encounter any such bug again in the future.
- A bug has been fixed where Zulrah would not drop any items if killed while submerging.
- If you die at Zulrah, you can now reclaim your items for 100K coins instead of 500K.
- Hill giant club now has the correct bonuses and requirements to wield.
- You can no longer get red dragons assigned as a slayer task if your agility level is under 30.
- Skotizo now counts toward completion of Greater Demon and Black Demon slayer tasks.
- The following items have been removed from the global drop announcements: dragon longsword, dragon battleaxe, dragon halberd, dragon boots, rock-shell pieces and spined pieces.
- We have disabled one of the ladders in the ship at level 55 wilderness, as it could be used to easily escape since players could not move in that square and therefore not attack each other.
- Larupia hunter equipment now requires a hunter level of 28 to wear.
- You can now craft studded body and studded chaps.
- A bug has been fixed where weapon poison(+) required noted coconut milk to make instead of regular coconut milk.
- We have fixed up a large portion of our skill interfaces (the information you see whenever you click on a skill in your skill tab). Some information was incorrect, while a lot of the things shown (like baking stews, brewing beer, farming vegetables, ...) are simply not available in our game and have been removed from the interfaces. It's still a work in progress, so not all skills show the correct information yet.
- You now have the correct stand animation when having a banner or regular scythe equipped.