Today marks the release of the Inferno - one of the greatest solo PVM challenges in OldSchool RuneScape. We have managed to add the complete Inferno with all its waves, NPCs and mechanics, with a few exceptions:
- No Yt-Hurkots will spawn to heal Jads.
- Jal-Zeks will not revive dead NPCs.
- Ja-Imkots will not burrow.
Non-donators need to complete all 69 waves of Inferno to receive an Infernal cape, while donators of any rank have the option to play a 10-wave or 20-wave Inferno.
We have also managed to make some major improvements to our pathing. All ranged weapons now have their appropriate attack range in accordance to the OSRS wiki and you will no longer walk in melee distance of an enemy when using ranged or magic.
On top of all that, you can now do a whip-only or DDS-only stake. All you need to do is select the 'Whip/DDS' option in the rules while you only have either a whip or DDS on you. If you do not have a whip with you, the stake will be DDS-only. If you do not have a DDS with you, the stake will be whip-only. If you have both, the stake will allow you to use both a whip and DDS during the fight.
In other news:
- A bug has been fixed where a player might get stuck if they attack another player with melee while walking underneath their target at the same time.
- The chance to receive lumberjack outfit pieces while cutting logs has once again been greatly increased.
- The damage of the ruby bolts (e) special effect against the Corporeal Beast is now properly capped at 100 instead of 50.
- Salve amulet (i/e/ei) is now automatically kept on death.