Nex has been unleashed!
The addition of Nex required us to update our cache, which may potentially cause weird bugs (missing NPC's, wrong objects, dead tiles, ...). If you see any such bugs, please let us know in the bug report channel on Discord.
To reach Nex, you first need to unlock the frozen door in the godwars dungeon. This is done with the frozen key, which consists of 4 components. Each GWD boss drops a component (guaranteed drop on kill if you dealt most damage, its minions have a 1/20 chance to drop it). Once you have unlocked the frozen door, you have permanent access to the ancient prison.
To get to Nex herself, you need to kill blood reavers or spiritual warriors, rangers or mages to acquire essence. 40 essence is needed to enter Nex's chamber (32 for sapphire donators, 24 for emerald donators, 16 for ruby donators and 8 for diamond+ donators). You can then proceed through the door at the East side of the ancient prison.
Starting a fight, HP scaling and droprates work exactly the same as the Nightmare.
To start the fight, click the ancient barrier and a 30 seconds countdown will start. Other players then have 30 seconds to join the lobby by also clicking the ancient barrier. The hitpoints of Nex, Umbra, Fumus, Cruor and Glacies scale with team size. Your chance to get a drop scales with how much damage you did.
Nex has the same fight mechanics as in OSRS. It has five phases: a smoke, shadow, blood, ice and Zaros phase. She uses a unique set of attacks in each phase. Each time Nex is dealt 20% damage, it becomes immune to damage and you need to kill the appropriate mage in the corner to proceed to the next phase. For more information about its fight mechanics, see the OSRS wiki. If you die at Nex, you can reclaim your items from one of two chests for 50K coins (one chest is past the frozen door and another in front of the ancient barrier).
Nex drops the following items:
- Zaryte vambraces
- Nihil horn to upgrade an Armadyl crossbow to a Zaryte crossbow, which has increased chance to trigger bolt effects and a guaranteed chance to trigger bolt effects when using the special attack.
- Damaged Torva helm, Platebody and Platelegs, which you can repair at any anvil using bandosian components (you can break down bandos chestplate and tassets at the ancient forge for 3 and 2 bandosian components, respectively).
- Ancient hilt, which can be combined with a godsword blade to create the Ancient godsword. Unlike OSRS, the ancient godsword's special attack does not trigger an effect where your target must move away, but instead has a 37.5% damage increase (just like the Armadyl godsword) and heals you for 25 hitpoints.
- Ecumenical key shards, combine 50 of these to create an Ecumenical key.
- Nihil shard, which can be ground into Nihil dust to create Ancient brews in combination with unfinished dwarf weed potions.
- Nexling pet
In other news, we have planned in several additional weekend events: bonus Raid I points, Raid II points, +30% GWD droprates with free room access, +20% XP and +20% NPC drops. There is now an event every single weekend, with many more of the events that our community wanted to see.
Other changes and bugfixes:
- Vesta, Statius, Morrigan and Zuriel equipment now degrades when used in combat outside the wilderness. Each piece of armour can take 10,000 hits and each weapon can hit 10,000 times, after which it will crumble to dust.
- The onyx, diamond, emerald, sapphire, topaz, opal, pearl and jade bolt (e) special effects have been fixed, as their damage would often be reduced when a special effect occurred.</a>
- Fixed a bug where random events could be triggered right after killing a superior slayer monster, making you miss out on the slayer XP.
- The armadyl crossbow and blood crossbow special attack now requires 50% special attack energy instead of 40%.
- You can now right-click the altars in each of the GWD boss rooms to teleport outside the room.
- Bonecrusher necklace stats have been updated to match the current stats in OSRS.
- You can now put up a Grand Exchange buy offer for Blood money.
- Goldsmith gauntlets now grant +150% smithing xp, this now also applies when mining with the infernal pickaxe.
- Extreme mode players now receive the correct amount of smithing XP when using the infernal pickaxe.
- Having an infernal pickaxe in your inventory will no longer give a chance for automatically smelting the ore when your mining level is lower than 61. You now also need a level of 85 smithing in order to create, use or wear an infernal pickaxe.
- You now need a level of 75 fising and 85 cooking in order to create, use or wear an infernal harpoon and a level of 60 attack to wear it.
- You now need a level of 61 woodcutting and 85 firemaking in order to create, use or wear an infernal axe.