Today, we have added the Karuulm slayer dungeon to the game. The Alchemical Hydra is not yet included, but we do have all the other NPC's that reside in the dungeon. You can reach the dungeon through the Monsters teleport in your spellbook and choosing "Karuulm Dungeon".
Unlike OSRS, you do not need special footwear inside the dungeon. You can also use a dwarf multicannon everywhere inside to rack up easy kills.
Hydras have pretty much the same combat mechanics as in OSRS, switching their attack style every 3 attacks and spitting a poison attack once after about 30 seconds. You can avoid the poison by moving away, but unlike OSRS you will not keep getting poisoned if you stay in the poison pool.
Their most notable drops are Hydra's eye, fang and heart which can be combined into the brimstone ring. You are always guaranteed to get a piece that you do not yet have, so if you have an eye and fang, you are guaranteed to get a heart the next time.
They do not yet drop the Hydra tail because it can only be used with the dragonbone necklace, an item that is dropped exclusively by Vorkath. We'll be sure to add the Hydra tail as a drop in one of the next updates, when we release Vorkath.
Drakes have the exact same mechanics as in OSRS, attacking with melee and ranged along with an avoidable dragon breath attack that they use once every 7 attacks.
Their most notable drops are Drake's claw and Drake's tooth. The claw can be combined with boots of stone to create boots of brimstone, the tooth can be combined with holy sandals to create devout boots.
The boots of stone can be purchased in the slayer store for 200 slayer points each.
Wyrms drop the dragon harpoon and dragon sword. The dragon harpoon can be worn in the weapons slot and used as a harpoon for fishing. It can also be combined with a smouldering stone to make an infernal harpoon. The infernal harpoon has infinite uses and has a 30% - 90% chance to cook fish when fishing, depending on your donator rank.
All three of the above mentioned monsters (Hydras, Drakes and Wyrms) also drop dragon knives and dragon thrownaxes. On top of that, the droprates of the rare drops of all three monsters are quadrupled if you kill them while on a slayer assignment. All three monsters are assigned by Duradel.
There are also Greater Demons and Fire Giants in the dungeon, as well as Sulphur Lizards that drop mostly supplies.
Other small changes:
- Ironman mode players can now purchase Ava's accumulator, Dwarf multicannon and snakeskin boots in the ranged store.
- The toxic staff of the dead now has +25 magic attack bonus when charged instead of +17.
- Seers ring (i) now has +12 magic attack and defence bonus instead of +8.
- Lava dragons are now only assigned by Krystilia (the wilderness slayer master in Edgeville's jail).
- The max hit of Rock Crabs has been lowered to 1 (used to be 5).
- The max hit of Greater Demons has been lowered to 10 (used to be 16).
- The chance to obtain a Lumberjack piece when cutting logs has been increased.
- The dragon sword has been removed from the raids rewards chest, so there is now a slightly higher chance to obtain any of the other rewards when looting the chest.
- The Avernic defender is now untradeable, as it was made tradeable by accident. The hilt remains tradeable.