Basilisk knights have been added to the game.
Similar to OSRS, they use melee and magic attacks along with a special attack that will stun you in place for a couple of seconds. You can avoid the special attack by walking one square away when you see the red orb coming to you. Unlike OSRS, you cannot break free from the stun by spamclicking or using auto-retaliate, so you'll just have to sit the stun out. It only lasts for three seconds, however.
Its most notable drop is the Basilisk Jaw, which can be attached to the helm of Neitiznot to create the Neitiznot faceguard, the helm with the highest strength bonus in the game.
When killing Basilisk knights on a Basilisk task, your chance at a Basilisk Jaw drop is doubled. The Basilisk knights also have a superior version, Basilisk sentinels.
There are also a couple of important improvements to our game mechanics:
The Nightmare will now drop items for anyone who participated in killing it and your drop chance will be scaled off the amount of damage you dealt (so dealing 25% damage will give you 1/4th of the normal chance at getting a drop). Its droprates now also scale based off the team size, so if you kill it with 5 players, its droprates will be 5x as high. The droprates of the rare items have been slightly lowered to compensate for the overall higher drops for teams. This change means that fighting the Nightmare is now as good as soloing it (even slightly better since it's easier to kill a boss in team).
To illustrate: say you are in a 5 man team killing the Nightmare and you dealt 25% of the damage. Normally, the chance at a Nightmare staff is 1 / 1000. 25% damage (1/4) with a 5 man team means your chance at a Nightmare staff drop becomes 1 / (1000 * 4 / 5) = 1 / 800.
As of now, you can continue a solo raid (both in Raids I and II) after being disconnected. Before the update, you could continue a raid if another player was still in the same raid; the same mechanic now also applies for solo raids. This expires after 24 hours (or after a server restart), so if you log out while inside a raid and log back in more than 24 hours later, you will get the "null instance" message and will have to teleport out, causing you to lose raid points. As long as you log back in within 24 hours, you will be able to continue the raid where you left off, without losing points.
The teleport interface has also been reworked. The donator zone now has its own button in the spellbook (the last teleport button, with the 'D' on it) and a new "Slayer" teleport option has been added, after the "Monster" teleport. All monster teleports that take you to slayer monsters (Slayer Tower, Rellekka Dugeon, Stronghold Cave, Catacombs, Basilisk Knights, Fossil Island, Karuulm Dungeon, Cave Kraken and Smoke Devils) have been moved there. We have also rearranged the monster teleports so they have a slightly more logical order.
All teleport buttons now also display the correct information when hovered, stating it requires no runes or magic level to use.
In further news:
- A bug with the crystal bow and shield, where players could not wield them, has been fixed.
- A bug has been fixed where not all demonic gorillas counted towards completion of the slayer task.
- A bug has been fixed where moss giants didn't count towards completion of their slayer task.
- NPCs without max hit have been given the right stats (mostly certain ghosts, skeletons and giants).
- The amulet of the damned can now be traded on the Grand Exchange again.
- Teleportation devices in the donator zone are now clickable from every side.
- The furnace in the donator zone can now be used.
- An anvil has been added to the donator zone.
- Five dragon and one lucky impling have been added to the donator zone. When caught, the lucky impling will respawn after five minutes in a random spot inside the donator zone.
- The lucky impling in Puro-Puro will now respawn in one of three random locations in Puro-Puro after five minutes when caught. Before the update, it would always respawn in the same location.
- Karambwan and anglerfish fishing spots in the donator zone have been moved to the other side (closer to the banks).
- The Skozito altar inside the wilderness has been removed, as it clearly did not belong there.
- When clicking the special attack bar (or any interaction with a button) while above level 20 wilderness, you will no longer get spammed with "You cannot open a teleport interface above level 20 wilderness" messages.