Hardcore Ironman mode has been added to the game!
As of now, when you create a new account, you have the option to choose between "Regular", "OSRS", "Standard Ironman", "Hardcore Ironman" or "Ultimate Ironman" mode:
Hardcore Ironman mode is basically the same as standard Ironman mode, except you only have one life. If you die in a dangerous area, you will lose your Hardcore status and your account will be downgraded to a standard Ironman. Your stats on the Hardcore Ironman hiscores will be frozen and a skull icon will be added to indicate you have died.
The following locations are considered "safe", meaning you will not lose your Hardcore status if you die here:
- Duel arena
- Alchemical Hydra
- Dagannoth Mother
- Recipe for disaster
- Fight cave
- Chambers of Xeric
- Theatre of Blood
This list might change over time and certain locations may become dangerous for Hardcore Ironman in the future. However, we'll be sure to add an appropriate warning if they enter such an area so they know they are risking their Hardcore status when they enter.
We have also removed the "Permanent" option on Ironman accounts. This means that as of now, any Ironman, Hardcore Ironman or Ultimate Ironman account always has the possibility of being reverted to a regular (non Ironman) account by talking to the Ironman Handler in the shop area, taking into account a 3 day delay.
We have also made a few changes to improve our Grand Exchange and overall economy:
- Platinum tokens can now be used as currency on the Grand Exchange, so you can now trade items on the Grand Exchange that are worth more than max cash (for example the Twisted bow and Scythe of Vitur).
- Low alchemy now gives you 60% of the value of an item, high alchemy now gives you 75% of the value of an item (compared to 50% of the value of an item when you sell it to the general store). Items worth more than max cash - 2147M - will turn into platinum tokens instead. If you already have max cash in your inventory, you will also receive platinum tokens when you alch items of lower value.
- Whenever you receive coins (for example from opening a Barrows chest or reward casket) and you would have more than max cash, the extra coins will be dropped on the floor instead of being lost.
- When selling items to a shop, you will now automatically receive platinum tokens if you would have more than max cash in your inventory.
The following items have been added to master clue caskets:
- 3rd age cloak
- 3rd age amulet
- 3rd age wand
- 3rd age robe top
- 3rd age robe
- 3rd age mage hat
- 3rd age bow
- 3rd age range top
- 3rd age range legs
- 3rd age range coif
- 3rd age vambraces
- 3rd age platelegs
- 3rd age plateskirt (also added to hard clue caskets)
- 3rd age platebody
- 3rd age full helmet
- 3rd age kiteshield
- 3rd age longsword
In other news:
- We have fixed the occurrences of randomly disappearing NPC's in Raids I and Raids II.
- We have made several improvements to noclipping that should prevent pathfinding issues in Raids II and the Inferno. Please let us know if there are still pathfinding issues in one of these two minigames.
- The maximum hit of slayer dart has been fixed, this used to be too high. Using slayer dart while having a slayer's staff (e) equipped will now also only apply bonus damage when attacking monsters while on a slayer task.
- Lvl-7 enchant (Zenyte jewelry) now requires 20 blood runes, 20 soul runes and 1 cosmic rune, as it should be.
- Krystilia no longer has any combat level requirements in order to get slayer tasks assigned by her.
- You now only need 1 Zulrah scale per Toxic trident charge instead of 10.
- Ferocious gloves now go to your bank if you die.
- As of now, you cannot type in public chat if you are being asked to enter your account pin when logging in. Most importantly, this will prevent players from accidentally typing their pin in public chat when they log in.
- You can now trade master clue caskets with other players.
- Hydra's claw has been added to the global drop announcements.
- A bug has been fixed that allowed players to safespot Verzik's first phase by standing behind a pillar or her second phase by standing next to the eastern wall.
- Bree's animations have been fixed.
- The appearance of the splitbark helm and body have been fixed.